Monday, March 10, 2014

My little fella is 3 months old!

So I was going through my instagram feed last night when I realized that every single picture was one of my friends' children.  It's a nice feeling to see picture after picture of kiddos up to their cute antics.  Thankfully I was out of college before the wonderful iPhone - and the instant nature of the mobile upload - was invented so there weren't any pictures of these same friends up to their maybe not-so-sober collegiate antics.  Life definitely changes, and in my opinion, for the better.

My precious boys.

The big change for me was becoming a parent.  Getting married was one shift in my life.  I had to learn how to share a home and co-exist with another person 24/7.  I know that sounds not so romantic, but I knew I loved Lance to pieces.  What I didn't know is how my OCD self would manage having to permanently share space with another person.  Once this was managed, I knew we could make it through anything in our marriage. :) Becoming a mom, however, totally shifted my world.  It's like my axis shifted and nothing would ever be viewed from the same angle.  I didn't care about the things the way I used to.  William made me realize what truly being selfless meant.  I would sacrifice anything that mattered to me for the sake of his health and general happiness.  I say general because I would NOT be an over-indulgent mom.  It's not in my nature.  William gets in trouble.  He gets spats on the bottom when he continues to defy my words.  He also gets my whole heart when he gives me a hug and says, "my love you momma".


Chuck-e-Cheese Please!

Then came Charlie.  Lance thought I was ridiculous before and during my pregnancy with Charlie.  I'd get pretty upset trying to figure out how I would love another baby the way I loved William.  I didn't think there would be enough room in my heart.  I would ask Lance if it was normal for parents to feel that way, and he just didn't see it the way I did.  He couldn't wait for his second baby.  I stressed and worried over whether I could love Charlie the way I did William up until the moment I met him.  Granted my introduction to him was a little different than how I met William, but both came into the world being difficult.  After a wonderfully painful labor and delivery - William then decided not to breathe right away (or maybe he took his breath too early and aspirated some fluid), and it took forever to hear his first cry.  Charlie on the other hand was welcomed into the world through a medical precision of a c-section.  He entered the world with a strong wail.  My first sight of him (over the curtain), brought tears to my eyes.  He also decided to be a concern from the beginning.  He had fluid on his lungs and low blood sugar.  I didn't get to hold him or try to feed him for 4 hours.  As soon as I had him in my arms, I knew that my heart had just exploded.

Charlie was a beautiful newborn (maybe thanks to the lack of getting his head smushed). I have loved getting to know this little fella.  He's an awesome AWESOME baby.  Thank goodness because William is a barrel full of monkeys by himself.  Charlie is laid back and has such a happy disposition.  He sleeps well and just generally chills.  Charlie has brought balance and perspective into my world.  He helped solidify my desire and decision to be at home.  Every day I get to spend all my time with his cute little self.  I know it's probably because he's around me more than anyone, but he just seems to light up so much when I talk to him.  I get pretty goofy to bring out his smiles and little giggles.  His little blue eyes just make my heart melt over and over again.  I cannot believe he's been with us for 3 months.  It seems like we just found out we were going to be blessed with another baby (after almost a year of praying for him).  He has been an answered prayer, and I cannot imagine the Glover family without him.  I was made to be a momma to my two boys.  William has become a whole new child as a big brother.  You can tell he thinks that Charlie hung the moon.



Happy three months Charlie bear!  I love you to the moon and back.



1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest post I have ever read on a blog. Such a sweet story & so full of love for your family. Thank you for sharing!! Good luck with your sweet boys

    ReplyDelete