Friday, February 7, 2014

Blessings and Battles

This week marks two milestones - one for each boy.  Actually there have been two for William over the last two weeks, but I'll get to that.

Charlie:
The first milestone is that Charlie is now 8 weeks old.  He's changed so much in his short little life.  He's smiling a lot, and even trying to make giggle noises.  It's so nice to see this healthier, happier Charlie after him having RSV and being a bit lethargic the last couple of weeks.  He's also decided that 8 weeks is an excellent time to start rolling over.  He did it the first time Wednesday afternoon, but only Lance saw it and he wasn't sure that it was on purpose.  I decided to give him some more tummy time yesterday and he immediately started working himself up on his side.  The first time he got stuck there on his side and quit trying to flip over.  I helped him out by getting him started back on his belly.  The second time he just went right back to work trying to get over.  He got himself on his side, and basically scissor-kicked his legs until he flopped over.  He's getting so big and I just wish I could push pause for a minute. He's such a beautiful blessing and has added so much joy to our family.

This blurry pic is Charlie in action trying to roll himself over.  He's such a hard worker! :)


William: 
William's first milestone actually came last week, which you would have known if I had gotten around to writing a blog.  We finally got him to his first dentist appointment.  I've read that you're supposed to take them much earlier, but we just haven't thought to get him there.  I guess being pregnant and having Charlie has served as a pretty substantial distraction.  Either way, William really had fun at the dentist.  He calls is the "silly place" because the waiting area has video games and toys for the kids to play with while they wait for their appointment.  Also, there are TV's mounted above each chair/bed so the kiddos can wear some headphones and watch cartoons.  William got to chill to Doc McStuffins while he got his teeth cleaned.  The dentist let us know that he has a few molars that will need to be watched because she detected some weakness.  She said it was nothing we were doing wrong with brushing - just that the teeth came in a little weak.  I think he may have gotten that from my side of the genes.  My adult molars all had to be filled because they came in weak.  Thankfully they gave us fluoride toothpaste to try to work on the spots.  It's possible at his 6 month follow up that he may have to have them worked on. :(  The dentist also said that William may be headed for braces.  I find this a little hard to believe as his teeth are perfectly straight and with room.  Guess we will wait and see.


William was pretty excited about the "purple stuff" that helped to show him and us where to focus on his brushing. 

He was a little less thrilled about getting some x-rays, but was still such an awesome boy. 

William's second milestone - which I guess is more mine, is that we've dropped him down to part-time day care/preschool. He now stay home on Tuesday and Thursday.  This is where the BATTLE part of my blog title comes from.  William really is an awesome kid 99% of the time.  He behaves and acts like a typical 3 year old.  However, he still has some issues sharing me with Charlie sometimes.  It's only an issue when I'm home alone with the boys.  William is still sweet to Charlie, but he goes CRAZY.  Yesterday alone, I think he did everything we've asked him not to do in the last month.  By the time Lance got home at 7:30 last night, I was DONE being a mom.  I clocked out and just sat on the couch to watch some of the Olympics.  I know it will get better as William adjusts to the change of being home more, but he really knows how to test me.  This battle will be won by momma, and I will see William being home more as a blessing. 



On a completely separate note, we are still working on making a pretty big decision in the Glover home so I would appreciate your prayers that God guides us in the way we need to go. Happy Friday, y'all!  Thank the sweet God above that it's Friday and that I'm about to have a weekend with my Lance!


No comments:

Post a Comment