Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Twice in one week! Must be a record...

So I've actually made a second post in two weeks.  If you check my posting history, I've now matched the number of posts for the last 3ish years.  Go me!

The big thing of the day is that my second little angel is 4 weeks old today.  I cannot believe that Charlie has already been here that long. He has changed our life, and it's amazing to see William being a big brother.  This pic was from the other day, but it's a pretty cute one and shows just how much he's grown already.

The sad part of Charlie heading into his 5th week, is that that means I'm heading into my 6th week of leave.  That means I only have 7 weeks left.  I know some of you may have caught up on my desire to not have to return to work.  It's a bit more than a desire at this point.  I'm feeling as though God is calling me to focus on my role as a wife and mother more than my career.  I always say that I'd never regret spending time with my kids, but I think I'd end up regretting let a day care raise my babies while I'm spending my life in an office.  Will you please pray for me and my family - that we can figure something out that will work for us? I love my job and my place of employment, but absolutely  nothing compares to the joy I feel when I spend time with my babies.  


I mean seriously…look at them.  Who in their right mind would choose to leave them every day to go spend time in an office? These two (combined with their daddy) are my heart. 

My leaving thought of this post comes from my devotional yesterday. It really helps me remember that all things are possible through God.  "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." - John 1: 3-5.  How can I question what God is capable of doing for me, when he created the universe and everything in it??








No comments:

Post a Comment